Monday, June 14, 2010

Week 10.1 Rock of the Decades Volume 1











Rock of the Decades Volume 1

This was a really fun project. I had to design book covers for a three book series all of the same subject. I chose the subject, Rock. So I thought to myself, "What do I need to do to create a three book series? So I came up with three topics. The last being Classic Rock. Then I put a time period to it, a type of rock genre, and an icon of that genre. In this piece I used Slash of Guns and Roses as the icon for classic rock, and 1980s for the decade of that particular genre. I used a slight mix between warm and cool colors, mostly purple to give a feel of royalty to the rockers of the 1980s. With this piece I completed my rock of the decades series and decided to call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment