Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Week 1.2 The 50


The 50 is a challenge brought to me by a classmate and close friend of mine. The challenge was to see if I could go with out any type of soda for fifty days. Prior to this challenge I drank around six or seven twelve ounce cans of soda a day. That is over half of the daily recommended calorie intake every day and over a hundred grams of sugar. At the beginning of the challenge I weighed two-hundred and twenty pounds. It was tough to instantly cut myself from the caffeine and sugar addiction. During the first two weeks of the challenge I was getting major headaches and became easily irritated. After the first month the headaches and withdraws began to vanish. I started to loose weight rapidly. Finally April 1st, 2010 the challenge was over. Fifty days without any soda. I felt so much better. My face began to clear up, I had more energy, and best of all I lost thirty pounds! It is wild to imagine what sodas do to you. I now have a more positive outlook on life and I am enjoying it to the fullest. I am Marlin Lee Carpenter III, and I have completed the 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment