Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Week 2.2 Ad Design, "Have you ever seen a Sea Lion?"

In my Ad Design class we had to draw a client from a hat to simulate getting the job from an ad agency. while doing so I draw out the client "The Association of Zoos and Aquariums." Our assignment was to come up with a single page advertisement for our client. Something unique and original. After hours of deep thought and many, many concepts I finally developed an interesting idea. Why not take a real animal, such as a lion-fish, and put it together in a literal form; one half lion, one half fish; and that is exactly what I did. I put together a lion with the tail of a fish and developed my "Sea Lion." As this idea was further developing I took into mind, "What type of environment would it live in?", "Would it dwell in an aquarium or a zoo?", and "How can I show this in a way that any reader can understand the concept that I have developed?" After well over twenty hours of work, a lot of restarting, and the nearing deadline for the project, it was finished. What you see to the left of this text is the final product of my Ad for the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. Leaving the only thing left for my design is an appropriate name. I felt that the name would be best developed, and used as the tag-line for the Ad, should be a simple question,

"Have you ever seen a Sea Lion?"

No comments:

Post a Comment